wibble : [UK, perh. originally from the first "Roger Irrelevant" strip in "VIZ" comics]
- n.,v. Commonly used to describe chatter, content-free remarks or other essentially meaningless contributions to threads in newsgroups. "Oh, rspence is wibbling again".
- [UK IRC] An explicit on-line no-op equivalent to humma.
- One of the preferred metasyntactic variables in the UK, forming a series with `wobble', `wubble', and `flob' (attributed to the hilarious historical comedy "Blackadder").
- A pronounciation of the letters "www", as seen in URLs; i.e., www.foo.com may be pronounced "wibble dot foo dot com" (compare dub dub dub).
- The ancestral sense of this word is reported to have been "My brain is packing it in now. I give up. _Tilt! Tilt! Tilt!_"